Charr Siege Investigation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charr Siege Investigation

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Almighty Midliner guide !

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pally
Admin
Pally

The Almighty Midliner guide ! Empty
PostSubject: The Almighty Midliner guide !   The Almighty Midliner guide ! EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:39 pm

HERE IT IS ! the midliner guide, i only cover the ele roles ATM but i will expand this aswell later ! Smile

The Midliner guide !

This is my second guide ! which will cover most of the midliner roles ( They are called bitchrole by alot of people because most ppl just find them boring ) DO not think bad about it then, since a midliner can win or lose a gvg, i was considered one of the best midliners past year when i played it a lot , I know what I am talking about when it comes to midliners !

Firstly the midliners change a lot they are really dependant on the meta then it will be ele’s, other time necrs, and even some weird lazy ass Mesmer bars Very Happy

I will first start by explaining the three different Ele bars the common ones which are : Water ele, Air ele and Fire ele with each one build which is almost always used ( ofcourse there is a lot more but I will add that later ! Wink )

The Water ele !
The water ele is a very important role, your main job will be preventing the enemy frontline from doing anything ( your basically their hell if nobody shuts you down ) you make them miss attacks and never ever reach targets, so you can be as mean as you want ! the meaner the better ^^.
I Will start again by explaining my armor, weapon sets and after that the build and what each skill is used for and a short explanation of what you are supposed to do as a water ele !

Insignia’s : you want to have +10 armor while under the effects of an enchantment ( blessed insignia ) this again giving you armor which is just awesome <3
Runes : +1 water, +1 E-storage, 10+ HP, Superior vigor, and anti cripple !

Weapon sets:

A 40/40 water set ( read Mesmer guide for explanation of 40/40 set )
A Water staff with : +20% enchantment, 20% CD and 20% Casting to get that ench lasting as long as possible !!

Again a spear,axe,sword with +5 energy and +30hp and a shield with +30 hp and +10 armor ( make multiple shields with different +10s ) and an anti cripple shield JUST incase 
High set , you would maybe need this on your bar since even the best of the best will get low if they get shitted on so have one of these if you wanna push that boost so badly or need to snare a monk so he wont reach the lord or w/e ! ( 20% casting I think and +15/-1 energy same for wand )

The build !

Almost the only used water build since a long time, the so called MoI ele ( Mirror of Ice )
12 in Water 9 in resto remaining in energy storage.

Mirror of Ice ( Elite Water magic ) Elite Enchantment Spell. (36...55...60 seconds.) You deal +5...29...35 cold damage whenever you cast a Water Magic hex. : basically this is an enchantment that gives your water hexes +xx cold damage which is just amazing for spiking with your team and even snaring outputs pressure, very good overall skill ( ALWAYS COVER THIS WITH WATER ATTUNE !!! )

Water Attunement ( Water magic ) Enchantment Spell. (36...55...60 seconds.) You gain 1 Energy plus 30% of the Energy cost when you use a Water Magic skill.: basically your emanagement without it you will lose energy very very quickly , so if you don't have this then only use your skills effectively and try to prevent them from doing damage ( AKA don't spike with your team, it will drain your energy to much and you wont be able to play your defensive role which you are supposed to be for !! )

Freezing Gust ( Water magic ) Hex Spell. Deals 20...68...80 cold damage if target foe is hexed with Water Magic. Otherwise, this foe moves 66% slower (1...4...5 second[s]). : one of your snares , use this if ppl wanna push flags or if something wants to run away, also used on the frontline so they cant get to their targets, as last you can use this with spiking, the combo would be : Shard storm > Freezing gust this way you will get maximum damage output from both skills and you do quite an amount of damage !

Shard Storm ( Water Magic ) Hex Spell. Projectile: deals 10...70...85 cold damage. Target foe moves 66% slower (2...5...6 seconds). : another charge with quite some damage, same usage as freezing gust, just that this is a projectile so IT can miss !, also your main spike skill with this build.

Blurred Vision ( Water magic ) Hex Spell. Also hexes foes adjacent to target (4...9...10 seconds). They have 50% chance to miss. : This skill is mainly used on enemy rangers or frontliners, it gives them chances to MISS their attacks which will reduce pressure !, communicate !!! if you hear your monks are getting interrupted a lot use this on the enemy ranger and laugh at him for missing everything !Smile

Winters embrace ( Water magic ) Hex Spell. (2...5...6 seconds.) Target foe moves 66% slower and takes 5...13...15 damage while moving. : this skill is there pure for snaring frontliners or ppl who wanna flag/split nothing else !

Glowing Ice ( Water magic ) Spell. Deals 5...41...50 cold damage. You gain 5 Energy plus 1 Energy for every 2 ranks of Energy Storage if target foe is hexed with Water Magic. : another E-Management skill, use this on the targets you blurred or snare it will give a decent amount of energy back so you can happy use your skills again

EITHER sig or Death pact sig depends !! ( No attribute///Resto magic ) : think this speaks for itself depending on the team you will need either a res sig or death pac sig !, be carefull with death pact tho since if the target dies SO WILL YOU !.

Now I will explain a bit of general stuff about the water ele itself.
You want to position yourself properly within your team, meaning you are able to PUSH for them if they are flagging but in the same time you could go bk IF they push YOUR flagger, the water ele is all about MAP AWERENESS if you watch what they do and react on that, if you see physicals balled up use blurred, or if you see a war acting that he wants to spike ( a lot of wars give away the targets really trust me most of the frontliners are pretty bad at it and give spikes away a lot ) snare that frontliner so he WONT reach his target = spike failed = you did your job perfectly ! the rest is basically practice if you already have the ability to watch the battle field and have basic knowledge you can already consider yourself to be top 30 at this time ( no joking ) a lot of people see this as a joke role but in the same time a lot of ppl are just terrible midliners…

Next up the Air ele !

The air ele is all about damage and is mainly used JUST for that damage damage damage !, you do carry a blind and a gale tho which are your defensive skills I explain them a bit further in the guide !
Copy paste since I am that good.

I Will start again by explaining my armor, weapon sets and after that the build and what each skill is used for and a short explanation of what you are supposed to do as a air ele !

Insignia’s : you want to have +10 armor while under the effects of an enchantment ( blessed insignia ) this again giving you armor which is just awesome <3
Runes : +1 Air, +1 E-storage, 10+ HP, Superior vigor, and anti cripple !

Weapon sets:

A 40/40 air set ( read Mesmer guide for explanation of 40/40 set )
A Air staff with : +20% enchantment, 20% CD and 20% Casting to get that ench lasting as long as possible !!

Again a spear,axe,sword with +5 energy and +30hp and a shield with +30 hp and +10 armor ( make multiple shields with different +10s ) and an anti cripple shield JUST incase 
High set , you would maybe need this on your bar since even the best of the best will get low if they get shitted on so have one of these if you wanna push that boost so badly or need to gale a monk so he wont reach the lord or w/e ! ( 20% casting I think and +15/-1 energy same for wand )

The build !
The most standard and up to date Air ele bar, the Invoke ele bar!
12 in Air magic and 12 energy storage.

Air Attunement ( Air magic ) Enchantment Spell. (36...55...60 seconds.) You gain 1 Energy plus 30% of the Energy cost whenever you use an Air Magic skill.: basically your e-management without it you will lose energy very very quickly , so if you don't have this then only use your skills effectively and try to prevent them from doing damage, with air ele this means NO GALE SPAM and perhaps less bflash, try to focus on killing asap and getting that attune back up !

Blinding Flash ( Air magic ) Spell. Inflicts Blindness condition (3...7...8 seconds).: your awesome defensive skill use this to make frontliners miss everythinggg HAHAHAHAH, ( I HATE IT !!!! ) but ye use this properly ( aka if you see a war going up for a spike use it so he will miss it ), I used to actually knew exactly which war would be full on adre and when he would spike, because I watched their exact moves and predicted almost every spike perfectly ( why I was considered on of the best bsurgers! ) or maybe not I DUNNO

Gale ( Air Magic ) Spell. Causes knock-down. You are Exhausted. 50% failure chance unless Air Magic 5 or more. : THE AWESOME SPELLS OF AWESOMENESS, use this to KD ppl YE YE, but srs, this skill is used to KD monks when you spike OR kd ppl who are ressing ( I SAW YESSI DOING THIS ALREADY !!!! WITHOUT TELLING ! ), be carefull when spamming gale since it can drain your energy A LOT AND VERY FAST so use it properly !

Invoke Lighting ( Elite Air magic ) Elite Spell. Deals 10...74...90 lightning damage. Hits two foes near target. 25% armor penetration. You are Exhausted if not enchanted.: Your main spiking skill, use this when your frontline calls a spike and see LOTS OF DAMAGE BEING DONE !
Glyph of Lesser Energy ( Energy Storage ) Glyph. (15 seconds.) Your next 2 spells cost 10...16...18 less Energy. : an e-management skill use this on recharge to keep spamming them skills !

Aura of restoration ( Energy Storage ) Enchantment Spell. (60 seconds.) You gain 0...1...1 Energy and are healed for 200...440...500% of the Energy cost each time you cast a spell. : a cover enchantment mainly, to prevent the enemy team from stripping that attune or used so that you have an enchantment so the Invoke Lighting WONT EXHAUST YOU !, be care when not having this up and spamming invoke = no energy in no time ! Wink

Res sig ( No attribute ) : ress ppl ASAP, did not tell this yet but as soon as someone die USE THAT SIG OR WHATEVER YOU HAVE and ress them up don't wait for someone else to do it NEVER .

Shell shock ( Air Magic ) Spell. Deals 10...34...40 lightning damage. Inflicts Cracked Armor condition (5...17...20 seconds). 25% armor penetration: this skill is used as first when spiking and followed by Invoke Lighting it gives cracked armor which makes your frontline do MORE DAMAGE ! RAWR

These skills can take out either Glyph of lesser of shell shock !

OR Lighting bolt ( Air Magic ) Spell. Projectile: deals 5...41...50 lightning damage. Deals 5...41...50 more lightning damage if target foe is moving. 25% armor penetration. : another spike skill that can be used on this bar, putted it here since if you play with 2 Air eles on of them has this other has shell shock Smile

OR Strip Enchantment ( Blood Magic ) : will most likely not be used anymore considering the flux swap, but it used to be awesome for stripping enchantments etc.

General role !

As air ele your main role is to kill KILL AND KILL , ok. Use your blinds and gales properly and your team will have the defense they need and still output tons of damage, like said before the usage of gale is what makes someone a good or a bad air ele, by using that single skill to its best you will do so much for your team like litterly a lot ! , KDing monks, ppl running flags and ppl ressing or even apply on rangers ! so many usages for this skills pretty much just play it and learn, also it’s good to observe decent ele’s and see what they do always good to learn now eh ! Smile

The Fire ele !

Last but not least is the fire ele ! most people tend to play this as a split character trying to take down NPC’s in the enemy base or keeping a runner busy , lately ppl are starting to run them in their stand team aswell for putting out a constant pressure by spamming their skills on recharge, for this guide I will explain the bar and equip mainly and try to explain the usage of it in BOTH split and stand team.

And ya another copy past

I Will start again by explaining my armor, weapon sets and after that the build and what each skill is used for and a short explanation of what you are supposed to do as a fire ele !
Runes : +1 Fire, +1 E-storage, 10+ HP, Superior vigor, and anti cripple !

Weapon sets:

A 40/40 Fire set ( read Mesmer guide for explanation of 40/40 set )
A Firestaff with : +20% enchantment, 20% CD and 20% Casting to get that ench lasting as long as possible !!

High set , I don’t think you will ever need a high set since anyone with a brain will never get low by spamming mind blast !

The build !

The most used split build for a fire ele ! MB Splitter, I will name a couple of different skills that are used for when they are in stand team Smile.
12 in Fire magic, 7 OR 8 healing breeze NOT sure its just to hit the break point for +7 if I am correct and remaining in energy storage.

Mind blast ( Elite Fire magic ) Elite Spell. Deals 15...51...60 fire damage. You gain 1...7...8 Energy if you have more Energy than target foe. : your main spamming skill, litterly use this on recharge to have pretty much everlasting energy ! nothing else to be said really.

Fire Attunement ( Fire magic ) Enchantment Spell. (36...55...60 seconds.) You gain 1 Energy plus 30% of the Energy cost when you use a Fire Magic skill. : again your attunement which is a must helps u even more with energy management so ye keep it up !

Aura Of restoration ( Energy Storage ) Enchantment Spell. (60 seconds.) You gain 0...1...1 Energy and are healed for 200...440...500% of the Energy cost each time you cast a spell. : again it can be used as cover and it will heal you up in split with every spell you cast which is also a nice bonus !

Flame Djinn’s Haste ( Fire Magic ) Enchantment Spell. (8...13...14 seconds.) You move 25% faster. Initial effect: deals 15...99...120 fire damage to foes adjacent to you. If you damage a foe with this spell, it recharges 50% faster. : your speed buff, this basically lets you mario kart around the map ^.^ can be done to do damage if you are tanking a knight or w/e other then that just a speed boost.

Immolate ( Fire Magic ) Spell. Deals 20...64...75 fire damage. Inflicts Burning condition (1...3...3 second[s]). : another spam damage skill that also does burning very nice ! Smile

Meteor ( Fire Magic ) Spell. Deals 7...91...112 fire damage and causes knock-down. Also hits foes adjacent to target foe. You are Exhausted. : again… pure awesomness at it best, a KD that does big damage what more you want, use this on runners to kd them or when at stand use this to kd a monk to make sure u get a kill ! ( ALSO AOE YEEEE W00000T )

Rodgort’s Invocation ( Fire magic ) Spell. Deals 15...99...120 fire damage. Also affects foes near your target. Inflicts Burning condition (1...3...3 second[s]).: your big daddy the skill of skills BIG DAMAGE, and it does AoE which is also nice Smile, when at split just use this to do damage on NPCS or a flagger or w/e at stand use this to spike OR use it if ppl ball and just punish them for it !!!

Healing Breeze ( healing prayers ) Enchantment Spell. (15 seconds.) +4...8...9 Health regeneration. : use this on yourself or your split partner if you have one to keep ppl healthy and counter any degen you might get ( IN MAIN SPAM THIS ) its like a fucking heal party if its spammed it’s just so goddamn amazing at stand really, can relieve so much pressure its insane.

When you play a stand fire ele ppl tend to drop out the speed boost and healing breeze for :

Shield of Force ( Earth Prayers ) Flash Enchantment Spell. (1...13...16 second[s].) Blocks the next 1 attack against you. Knocks down and inflicts Weakness (5...17...20 seconds) on all adjacent attacking foes.: this will KD any melee’s trying to spike you and give them weakness also ! awesome ^.^
And as last a res sig so you can ress ppl <3

General Role !

As a stand fire you srs just spam, spam ,spam keep the pressure going and spike with your team, KD monks with meteor and just keep spamming, eventually stuff will die Smile
As a splitter you want to try and kill NPC’s, by being sneaky and outsmarting the enemy team, ( SIDENOTE DO NOT TRY TO GET CAUGHT EVER ) really as a splitter you srs do not want to get caught getting DP on a split is the worst thing you can have, it will basically make you a free target for the enemy team, but in general you are doing your best to kill NPC’s and outsmarting the enemy runner, if you succeed you end up killing NPC’s or just keeping the runner stuck in his base which is also nice ^.^
More split tactics will be in my supa big general noob friendly guide !

This conclude the Ele part for The midliners guide ! These are by far the most used midliners atm, which necr’s coming in a close second but I will do necr’s later since well it’s not much used atm ^^
ANYHOWS so far for my second guide aimed mainly at yessi for midliner ! and for whoever wants to know more about the midliner role , I will also add more stuff to this guide over time so don’t worry Wink
Back to top Go down
https://charrsiege.actieforum.com
Pally
Admin
Pally

PostSubject: Re: The Almighty Midliner guide !   The Almighty Midliner guide ! EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:40 pm

ye i can't be arsed to work today D:
Back to top Go down
https://charrsiege.actieforum.com
Yessi
Admin
Yessi

PostSubject: Re: The Almighty Midliner guide !   The Almighty Midliner guide ! EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 12:53 am

I will read this entire guide first thing tomorrow! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Almighty Midliner guide !   The Almighty Midliner guide ! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Almighty Midliner guide !
Page 1 of 1