Charr Siege Investigation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charr Siege Investigation

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's Finally done ! My first guide ever, The Mesmer Guide !

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pally
Admin
Pally

It's Finally done ! My first guide ever, The Mesmer Guide ! Empty
PostSubject: It's Finally done ! My first guide ever, The Mesmer Guide !   It's Finally done ! My first guide ever, The Mesmer Guide ! EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 1:13 pm

So since i dont feel like working i decided i work on my promised guides for you guys, and my first one is ready ! i see if i can make more before i go home ^.^ ( bear with me it's my first guide ever so it may not be that good Sad ) Also i try to update this when more stuff fall in my mind, or even screenshots etc i see ! , but you can always ask !Smile

Mesmer guide !

First to get things sorted i explain what the role of the mesmer is in a GvG.
The Mesmers role in gvg is to be a treat to enemy casters by usage of interrupts and skills that prevent them from doing their job, in rare occasions the Mesmer fills the role of an Anti-melee or even a split character which also can work in certain situations but for now I will keep it to the Mesmer being an Anti-caster.
To get things started I will name the setup I personally use while playing Mesmer and will explain what each skill on my bar is good for and how you should react in certain situations.

The Dom Mesmer :

For insignia’s you use Prodigy’s which gives you a lot of armor, also the fact that you will almost always have 3 skills or more on recharge you get the max amount of + armor you can get which will help a lot seeing as you are a squishy character.
For runes you want to go for +1 dom,+1 fast casting, +1 inspiration, superior vigor rune, and last it could be either +10 hp or anti cripple ( I use anti cripple just in case I have to play on burning isle in which the lava cripples you )

For wep sets you want to have :
40/40 dom set which is a wand which has 20% casting time reduction and 20% cooldown reduction same goes for your offhand ( hence the term 40/40 )
Another 40/40 for your inspiration for the drain enchantment or other inspi skills you might have.
A staff for restoration magic which has 20% casting time reduction and 2 times +30 HP to get as much HP as possible for Flesh of my Flesh which is a must !

And as last you will need a spear or axe or sword which has +5 energy and +30 hp ( having one with +7 vs elemental is also very nice considering the meta is a lot of ele’s atm )
And a STR shield with +30 hp and every +10 armour you can get ( also get a crippling one ) this is so you have good armour against what you face, which should have you end up with around 6-7 shields atleast.
(as last you could get a High energy set which consist off 20% casting and +15 energy and same for offhand, but a good Mesmer won’t ever ever need that )

Builds time !!!!

I will give three pretty much standard builds, they can ofc be tweaked as you like but it’s just to show and explain the skills and how to play Mesmer properly.

The oldschool PB bar ( Powerblock bar )

Powerblock ( Elite Domination ) Elite Spell. If target foe is casting a spell or chant, that skill and all skills of the same attribute are disabled (1...10...12 seconds) and that skill is interrupted: Your main skill, the beast of beast skills in the Domination line, if you can properly use this skill you will solo win games for your team, landing a perfect PB on a prot or runner can give you the advantage by a lot. This skill can solo shut down any caster that uses one attribute, that is why this skill is so damn good, it is mainly used on prot monks so there is ONE monk left healing ppl up which will drain him out of energy very very quick. ( example, there is good pressure on the enemy team, you land a PB on the prot and spam the Heal with diversion and shame = 100% that ppl will die on their team nothing can stop that you will either kill ppl or fuck up their heal regardless ), But sadly you can’t always play offensive and will have to play defensive now and then in which this skill also shines like no other, by shutting down a water or air ele completely you will relieve your team of a big amount of pressure and maybe even prevent your team from wiping.

Power Leak ( Domination ) Spell. Interrupts a spell or chant. Interruption effect: causes 3...14...17 Energy loss: this skill is pure awesomness, use it on da monks to lower their energy a lot combining this with shames you can just make a monk go 0 energy in 2-3 mins of good play, and giving them shit tons of pressure, furthermore it’s a rupt so hit it !! and don’t sook with it ^.^

Power Drain (Inspi ) Spell. Interrupts a spell or chant. Interruption effect: you gain 1...25...31 Energy.: A standard rupt that gives you energy back, just hit it and get energy nothing more to be said Wink

Shame ( Domination ) Hex Spell. (6 seconds.) Target foe's next spell fails and you steal 5...12...14 Energy. No effect unless this foe's spell targeted one of its allies.: a very very very cool skill this is, you can again deny your monk from casting anything for 6 secs or make him lose energy !!, best way to use this is when your frontline calls a spike use this on either monk and see them losing energy like no other <3, combine this with some properly pleaks and monks will die !

Diversion ( Domination ) Hex Spell. (6 seconds.) Target foe's next skill takes +10...47...56 seconds to recharge: This skill can either cause fear to monks or you can take away their whole bar Wink, the thing with diversion is that even if you don't divert ANYTHING it still does it job, you basically shut down a monk for 6 seconds not letting him do a thing unless he gets it removed or diverts something. Best ways to use this is when a caller calls a spike to cast this at the 3 sec mark on the heal monk, and then participate in the spike at 1 with shatter, meaning he HAS to divert something or wont do anything either way is good.
This skill is also good defensive usage or shutdown on their midline ( like an Ele’s blind or a blurred/snare ) which can prevent your frontline from killing SO HELP THEM!!!.

Shatter Enchantment ( Domination ) Spell. Removes an enchantment from target foe. Removal effect: deals 14...83...100 damage: Your main damage skill in the build and also used for when your frontline calls a spike, use this when you see the target who gets called has an ench so you also participate in the spike and do tons of damage with it !!

Drain Enchantment ( inspi ) Spell. Removes an enchantment from target foe. Removal effect: you gain 8...15...17 Energy and 40...104...120 Health.: one of your E-Management use this to drain off enchantments to get energy and hp bk ! ( try to get important enchs down like a guardian or holy veil or even a conjure on a warrior )

Flesh of my Flesh ( resto ) Spell. Resurrect target party member (half your current Health and 5...17...20% Energy). Lose half your Health.: your Res which is a hard ress, it cuts your HP in half after using it so BE CAREFULL when using this in certain situations, if this skill is used wrong it can cause your team to wipe. Nothing more to be said about this.

So far for the PB bar, I personally like this bar the most !! it’s just so awesome hitting pbs and seeing them run around doing nothing ^^

The Esurge Mesmer !

Basically what is different here is the Elite skill, namely you swap out PB for Esurge ( this is either if you are not good with rupting OR your build is more spike orientated and your team wants more damage )
So the bar is the same except elite which is now :

Energy Surge ( Elite Domination ) Elite Spell. Causes 1...8...10 Energy loss. Deals 9 damage to target and nearby foes for each point of Energy lost : you basically use this on spikes to kill stuff, basically gives the standard Mesmer bar more damage so the spikes could go better resulting in more kills.

Last but not least is the Mantra Mesmer !
Again it’s identical to the other bars with again a difference in Elite namely :
Mantra of Recovery ( Elite Fast Casting ) Elite Stance. (5...17...20 seconds.) Your spells recharge 33% faster : this basically makes your bar in to a spam mode, all you do is spam diversion and shames like no other making them lose shit tons off skills and getting low very quick ( also note this means the enemy ranger or Mesmer WILL make you his NUMBER 1 target ).

So far about the builds I will now explain about playing Mesmer in general, from the start of the match and about certain situations and what you should do you may face a split !!.

General role !

Mainly the first couple of minutes you will be busy shutting down enemy monks trying to get them low as possible, if your frontline is good and you are good at shutting down the enemy team will die within 3-5 mins or atleast some kills, if so keep it up and shut down monks and ofcourse try and rupt some midline skills to help your frontline kill quicker !
Ofcourse it could be that you are getting a lot of pressure, if this is so PLAY DEFENSIVE DON'T GO ON MONKS, just shit on the midline and even spam diversion on frontline just to annoy them and prevent them from using their combo chain, keep doing this till your team is stable again and your monks are good on energy again ! ( COMMUNICATION !!! )

As Mesmer you want to talk a lot by saying what you are diverting and what you are doing, let your team know what you are shutting down, communicate with your ranger so you two won’t go on the same target.
So you face a dedicated split, have no fear your role won’t change a lot you will stand by your main team as normal and rarely ever go back, basically if it’s good its almost always a frontline,Mesmer and midline at stand ( DEPENDS ON THE SPLIT THO AND WHAT THE CALLER SAYS ! )
If so you can give it a go and try go deep on their backline and pressure them as much as possible, Furthermore it could be that your midline is going bk to base to support in which almost ALWAYS the enemy prot will go bk to leaving the heal monk alone against you and a frontliner ! MEANS KILL THAT LONELY MONK ! spam your skills on him like no other and see him die in no time calling for help, this is so since the prot monk HAS to decide wether to save his main or split which are both getting pushed, it could depend on where the enemy main team is at the moment, if they are at their base don’t expect to kill anything if they just hide in their NPC’s

I won’t go that deep regarding these sort of tactics, since I will actually make a different guide for GvG itself, basically a beginners guide, noob friendly guide for all of you ! this one was mainly directed at the Mesmer esp for lyra cuz she wants to Mesmer so badly ^.^ altho i don't see myself as a pro mesmer i did my best to explain everything as good as possible so hope it came out alright Smile next up will be a midliner guide and after that or together, the beginners gvg guide Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://charrsiege.actieforum.com
Yessi
Admin
Yessi

It's Finally done ! My first guide ever, The Mesmer Guide ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Finally done ! My first guide ever, The Mesmer Guide !   It's Finally done ! My first guide ever, The Mesmer Guide ! EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 1:23 pm

Pally wrote:
noob friendly guide for all of you

Haha!

That's a really nice guide! Excellent! I thought I made big ones but you!
Back to top Go down

It's Finally done ! My first guide ever, The Mesmer Guide !
Page 1 of 1