Charr Siege Investigation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charr Siege Investigation

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nicholas Who?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yessi
Admin
Yessi

Nicholas Who? Empty
PostSubject: Nicholas Who?   Nicholas Who? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Nicholas Who?

Nicholas Sandford

He stands in pre-searing in the hidden garden near Fort Ranik. Every day he is looking for new farmable items. Unlike Nicholas the Traveler, Sandford always wants the same amount of items in exchange for his gifts. He always wants 5 (…..) for 1 Gift of the Huntsman. You can get a max. of 5 GotH each day per account (so you’ll need to farm max. 25 items each day to get the most of what you can get). The next day he will be asking for new items, and you can start farming all over again and get your 5 GotH again, in exchange for 25 of the new wanted items.

Example of today;
I farmed 25 enchanted lodestones in pre-searing outside Baraddin’s Estate. I got (25/5=)5 GotH and I can’t get more on my account. But I farmed another 25 and transferred these to an alternative account with a presearing character on it. Then I got another 5 GotH on that account, and gave it back to my main account. That way I farmed 50 items for 10 gifts. So in THAT way it IS able to get more gifts if you have access to multiple accounts with presearing characters in Fort Ranik (it’s easy to run here so you could just make one char in presearing and let someone run you there). Eventually after having maybe a stack of these items you can transfer them (I have an alternative account with one extra slot, I ditch my stuff on that char and get it out of presearing and then give it back to my own acc and remove the char, and do that over and over whenever I need my stuff in post-searing!) and spam them on whatever char you want to get your titles (or even sell them in Kama).

5 enchanted lodestones = 1 GotH
10 enchanted lodestones = 2 GotH
15 enchanted lodestones = 3 GotH
20 enchanted lodestones = 4 GotH
25 = 5 GotH (maximum amount you can gain each day per account). Etc. etc. etc….

What comes out of these gifts; beer, party points and sweet points! <3

You can check what Nicholas Sandford wants today/tomorrow/the day after tomorrow on this site: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Daily_activities
You can see what you can farm for today. But if that's too hard (some things are annoying to farm), you can skip that item for today and farm the item for tomorrow so you'll have less to do tomorrow (or more gifts if you have multiple accounts).

Legendary Defender of Ascalon
If you make a presearing character to farm these items I recommend you do the daily Vanguard Quests in presearing. You have to be minimum level 10 for this. Each quest takes about 15-20 minutes to finish and you get 1k XP for it and 50 gold. It’s a good way to get your LDoA title. Unless you wanna death level the charr (not a good idea…). It takes about 3 months and 15 minutes a day to get this title. BUT you can also take the quest and keep killing and zoning to get more XP (the foes you have to fight against are getting higher level the higher you are to not make it TOO easy). So be careful if you’re level 10 and you team up with a level 19 cause the foes will be very hard to kill for you! BUT once you reach level 15+ you’ll be able to farm these items in NO time. And you’ll be able to get another title for you HoM so win-win! And you don't have to take this char out since I can always transfer items/you can transfer it on a new char that you'll use for just the transfer and delete after!

Nicholas the Traveler

Unlike Sandford, this Nicholas changes location over all 4 contents every week. He pops up in a new place every Monday. And he also doesn’t ask for new items on a daily basis, but on a weekly base. Meaning next Monday he will be asking something else. So you have a week to farm your 5 Gift of the Traveler (not Huntsman! Be careful cause the gifts look and sound almost familiar and people get fooled a lot during trading. GotT are much more expensive than GotH so they give you GotH and if you’re not paying any attention you’ll pay way too much for something that isn’t what you want and isn’t worth that much either). Unlike Sandford, Traveler doesn’t always ask 5 items per 1 gift. Example: if something is very hard to farm he’ll ask 1 item in exchange for 1 Gift of the Traveler (like Juju’s. They were REALLY hard to farm so he asked only 1 per gift). But he’ll never ask more than 5 items for 1 gift.

What’s the difference apart from location you ask; Sandford gives beer/party/sweet. Traveler gives you beer/party/sweet/weapons/minipets. And these minipets (example: Gwen Doll/Yakkington) can be sold for 60 ecto’s while undedicated! Just gotta be lucky =]

The best way to farm the items Traveler wants is to go solo SoS spirit spammer. Hardmode makes no difference. The drop rate is much better when you’re solo. Usually you have to farm the items around the place he spawns/stands.

Example: his week he’s in Cliffs of Dohjok and he asks for 3 Copper Shillings per gift. Copper Shillings are dropped by Corsair. You can type Corsair (or any other foe that drops the wanted item) in GWiki and you can pick any place to farm. Eventually while farming you’ll realize what the best places are to go with the most Corsair/whatever foe and you’ll get the hang of it! And you'll know what the best routine is etc. how to avoid other foes the best way bla bla =]

So basically:
Sandford – Easy and same farming items/amount and beer/party/sweets
Traveler – Harder to farm and asks for diff amount/different places and gives you more different items along with the stuff Sandford gives.
Back to top Go down
Pally
Admin
Pally

Nicholas Who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nicholas Who?   Nicholas Who? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:16 pm

very well done ! Smile , nice guide ^.^
Back to top Go down
https://charrsiege.actieforum.com
Morefine
Morefine

Nicholas Who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nicholas Who?   Nicholas Who? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:38 pm

And I just deleted my Pre-searing character a week ago... D:
Back to top Go down
Yessi
Admin
Yessi

Nicholas Who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nicholas Who?   Nicholas Who? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Nicholas Sandford is in pre-searing and he gives the easy (simple presents) gifts... Also it's a good thing to combine these with Legendary Defender of Ascalon!

But if you want to farm these items yourself you can always try Nicholas the Traveler. You can't get these on a daily basis tho, just once a week. But if you have more accounts you can get it more obviously! It's a bit harder to farm tho, and only once a week you can get them. But you dó have better chance of items. You get Summoning Stones/Beer/Party/Sweet/Tonics regularely, but there's a small chance you get weapons or the minipets of big value Smile

So you can still farm SOMETHING. But pre-searing is better if you want to farm daily and get your LDoA title aswell!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nicholas Who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nicholas Who?   Nicholas Who? Empty

Back to top Go down

Nicholas Who?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charr Siege Investigation :: Guild Wars :: Guild Wars PvE-
Jump to: